The Extraordinaires® Design Studio is used by elementary and middle schools across the world. Educators have recognised it as a powerful tool to foster empathy, creativity, resilience and self esteem in their students. This page is a dedicated resource for educators and home-schooling parents, looking to keep up to date with the curriculum as well as providing information and resources for lessons in school.
Meeting Educational Objectives
Design thinking and the play-based approach to creativity encouraged by The Extraordinaires® Design Studio are important pedagogical components to the 21st-century classroom. Find out how The Extraordinaires® can help teachers meet all of their most ambitious formative and educational goals!
Maintaining Curriculum Focus
With an emphasis on supporting a wide variety of educational objectives, The Extraordinaires® Design Studio can assist teachers in meeting curricular standards and engaging in interdisciplinary activities in elementary and middle school classrooms. See how The Extraordinaires® can become a part of your class!
Providing Teacher Resources
From sample lesson plans to downloadable worksheets and graphic organizers, The Extraordinaires®Design Studio is fully supported for a variety of classroom needs and learning objectives. Come back often to see what else we have added!
Please click on the icons below to download the free resources you require:
- Math on an Idea Pad
- Idea Pad Paper
- Graphic Organizer for Brainstorming a Design Challenge
- Graphic Organizer for Getting to Know an Extraordinaire
- Graphic Organizer for Evaluating an Invention
- Lesson Plan Applying Design Thinking to Improve Projects
- Lesson Plan Understanding Empathy through Narrative
- Lesson Plan Using Scale Drawing to Enhance Creativity
- Anticipation Guide for Design Projects